The online BSVT program prepares students for a broad scope of practice. Graduates will be ready for increased responsibility, career advancement, and a rewarding future in a fast-paced work environment.
General Education Requirements
Students must complete the general education courses as listed on the degree sheet for graduation from the BSVT program and all undergraduate degrees at the University of Missouri. Students do not need to have all courses completed prior to applying to the program, but courses must be completed prior to graduation.
- Completion of an AVMA-accredited Associate in Applied Science – Veterinary Technology program as posted to the official JC transcript after April 1, 1978
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended on file with the Admissions Office
- Current licensure as an RVT/CVT/LVT/LVMT in the United States
- A transcript review on file
- Successful completion of all general education and prerequisite coursework
- Minimum cumulative grade-point average of 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale) for all college/university courses attempted, including technical coursework articulated in this agreement
- Evidence of capacity to uphold the practice standards and ethical codes of the veterinary technology profession.
- Complete all general education courses with an overall minimum GPA of 2.0.
- Complete a minimum of 120 credit hours.
- Complete at least 30 of the last 36 hours at University of Missouri.
- Complete all BSVT courses with a minimum overall GPA of 2.5.
*This program is not intended to prepare students for admission to a college of veterinary medicine.